Chouteau Grotto Monthly Minutes
November 1, 2017
Call to order: 7:05 pm
President: Rita Worden Vice President: Alex Roberts (absent)
Treasurer: Kevin Feltz Secretary: BJ Seidel
Members present: Jim Huckins, Dave Webster, Mike Morgan, Mag Matlock, Roger Brown, Julianne Ramsey. Two guests: Chris Lewis and Cathy Lewis from SPG
- Secretary’s Report: minutes were sent to Alex to post. Nobody had read them, so approval is tabled until the next meeting. Secretary will run off a copy of the minutes (October and November) to bring to the next meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: $2404.68 We made some money from the roasted hog and it was delicious.
- MSS Director’s Report: the next meeting is January 20th 2018 at 1 pm in Rolla
- Foresight Editor’s Report: the 2015 report is published. Still need photographs for 2016
- Quartermaster’s report: all items are present and secured
- Wayfarer sink: (named after the car in the sink). Rita left a message for Corey (landowner) following our last visit on October 14 to evaluate access to the pit
- Cathy Lewis works for the Master Naturalist Chapter and offered to help with recruiting volunteers when the work begins
- Christmas Party: first Wednesday, December 6, 2017. Mag has reserved the clubhouse
- Julieanne Shared her news about the Nunley Mountain project and showed many great photos of the work (digging a new entrance) and beautiful formations. A big Thanks to Julianne!
- Chris Lewis gave a brief view on his computer about the use of LIDAR. We asked him to come back again and show us more.
- Allie Spring survey this weekend
- KCAG extends to Chouteau a Christmas Party Invitation @ 6 pm December 16, 2017. Bring a side dish to share at 16525 Orchard Ln, Stillwell, KS 66085. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carroll Cave Bat Census: visited the carroll river, water barrier, turnpike, lunchroom and Thunder Falls. Dave will write the trip report.
Adjournment: 8:40 pm